The other day i spent hours trying to trace my 11g client connection with the sqlnet.ora parmeters that i used in 10g.
TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = /u00/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/network/trace
TRACE_TIMESTAMP_CLIENT = ON
TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = ON
I was aware of the ADR stuff of the server installations, but my client installation seemed to not have those directories in place
ADRCI: Release 220.127.116.11.0 – Production on Fri Jun 18 11:49:08 2010
Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
No ADR base is set
adrci> show homes
No ADR homes are set
I googled again and again until i hit with this blog, where he says that we need to mention
in the sqlnet.ora to have the traces files written to “TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT”.